Monday, February 22, 2010

Skate 25/8

This is pretty much going to be a place for me to relay my gratuitous amount of skating to the free world of cyber space. I skate far too often... and knowing me, I'll probably blog too little, but we'll see how it goes.

To start you darlings off, here's a video off the wheels of my Mission Wicked 7s (hockey skates) which after 20 months, started touching... yes. 20 months, and my wheels failed to get smaller. So perhaps Rink Rat should be applauded for their ingenuity? A wheel that never wears out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cePXRQl4uiA

My brother noticed them doing this one evening (when I hadn't skated on them for about 24 hours). From memory it wasn't too humid, however there had been a few consecutive warm days. Although, nothing that they hadn't experienced before.

I skated that night and they continued to rub against each other. Only on Sunday did they finally 'shrink' back to normal.

They only did this on one foot - however the other skate's two front wheels also looked closer that normal (like wheels fresh out of the box, not a year and a half old...)

I'll post some stuff on quads soon.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment